Helpful information for new Baldwin County Residents

Baldwin County Information For Newcomers

Scroll down for current listings, pictures, property details, maps and other helpful sales info.

Moving is no fun. We have listed info here for Orange Beach and Gulf Shores homes for sale as well as condominium information and just helpful real estate info to use in preparation for relocating or caring for second homes / investment property. We have provided a list for the places of business you will need to contact.


Baldwin County is served with electricity by Alabama Power Company, Riviera Utilities of Foley and Baldwin County Electric Membership Cooperative or EMC. These companies adequately service Baldwin County at present, but also are prepared for future growth.

Natural gas is served to the county through United Gas Pipeline Company.

Baldwin County has a wealth of subterranean water and also has several public water systems serving the cities, towns and unincorporated areas.

Riviera Utilities
Power, Gas, Water and Sanitation Services.
Branch Office: 413 East Laurel Avenue, Foley, 251-943-5001.
Main Office: 700 West Whispering Pines Road (Highway 98) Daphne, 251-626-5000.

Baldwin County Electric Membership Cooperative
Power only, services rural areas only, with the exception of city limits of Gulf Shores and Stapleton.
Main Office: 251-989-6247
Branch Office: Highway 59, Summerdale, 251-433-0503.
Branch Office: Gulf Shores, 251-968-7585.
Pine Grove Road, Bay Minette, 251-937-2220.

Alabama Power Company
210 East First Street, Bay Minette, 251-937-5553. Serves Bay Minette and Perdido.

City of Fairhope
Power, Gas, Water and Sanitation Service.
161 North Section Street, 251-928-8003, Extends natural gas services to Bay Minette city limits, Point Clear and Fish River.
Power, Gas, Water and Sanitation Services.
Daphne Utilities: 251-626-2628
Mobile Gas: 251-476-8052
BFI Trash: 251-666-5724
Belforest Water System: 251-626-5554
Riviera Utilities: 251-626-5000.

Telephone Service

Baldwin County is serviced by BellSouth and Gulf Telephone Companies.

Gulf Telephone Company
Main Office: 116 North Alston, Foley, Phone:251-943-1525.
Branch Office: Highway 59 South, Robertsdale, Phone: 251-947-7722.

Residential: 888-757-6500
Business: 866-620-6000

Vonage: 866-243-4357

Cable T.V. - Internet Providers

Media Com: 800-239-8411
Direct TV: 888-777-2454 ~ Web Site:
Dish Network: 888-284-7116 ~ Web Site
Mobile Internet Services: 251-433-3418
Skyway USA: 866-697-5992
Media Com: 800-239-8411

Automobile Driver's Licenses, Tags & Titles

The Baldwin County Driver's License Office locations are: Main Courthouse in Bay Minette on Wednesdays, 1 Courthouse Square, 251-937-9561; Satellite Courthouse in Fairhope on Thursdays and Fridays, 1100 Fairhope Avenue, 251-928-3002; Satellite Courthouse in Foley on Mondays and Tuesdays, 201 East Section Street, 251-943-5061. You will need to bring your present license. The same requirements as in Mobile apply.

New residents from out-of-state must acquire an Alabama state tag within 30 days from establishing residence. The cost of the tag will vary according to make and model of car. An Alabama title fee of $18.00 is required on all 1975 and newer vehicles.

Automobile tags and title registrations are obtained at the main Courthouse in Bay Minette or the satellite courthouses in Fairhope and Foley. You will need to present your car along with a bill of sale, tag receipt or title from another state when you apply.

Voter Registration

You must have established residency in the state of Alabama 30 days prior to registration and register with a member of the Board of Registrars at the Baldwin County Courthouse in Bay Minette from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.


Tax burden per person for personal income, property, general sales, auto registration, estate, and gift taxes showed Alabama to be among the lowest of all 50 states.

State/Local Income Tax
For detailed information, contact the Alabama Department of Revenue, Individual and Corporate Tax Division 334-242-1000. The City of Mobile does not levy local income tax.

Property Taxes
For detailed information, contact the Baldwin County Revenue Commissioner. 251-937-0245.  The basic formula equates to about $330 per $100,000 spent.